Friday, July 8, 2016

Morning..

Sleeping on air beds is not my idea of a restful nights sleep, but at least I am not in the hotel anymore.  No, I am in this empty old home and trying to learn more about it as I learn how to live in it.

My favorite part of the home is the four season porch.  It had wood floors, a full wall of windows that open up and it is heated for the winter time.  Also, the screens are replaced by glass when winter approaches to help keep out the cold.  The area is sadly empty as I have yet to pick out any furniture for the area.  I am thinking a sofa that is pair furniture and a few chairs and maybe even a rocking chair - I dunno.  I need to give this some more thought.

With the windows open this morning I can hear random cars going by the other streets, loads of birds making noise and I see an occasional dog walker pass by.  The traffic noise I sort of enjoy as it reminds me that I am still in a city (although very small).

Today, I want to find some chairs for the back porch and maybe browse some paint colors.  This rehab process is going to be a slow deliberate process that I hope to enjoy and not all rushed like the last home.

No comments:

Post a Comment